||Li Chan Wo Sports Association
||Li Chan Wo（ direct lineal disciple of the Grandmaster Mok kwai Lan, wife of Wong Fei Hung）
||Improve fitness, train self-defense skills, and learn how to get along with others
||Our club teaches the Hung Gar style kung fu and lion dance of southern style. By training different stances and basic movements, like Sei Ping Ma(horse stance),Ji Ng Ma(bow stance),Kei Lun Bo(unicorn stance) and Yee Gee Kim Yeung Ma(goat holding stance) etc, the kung fu foundation of students can be improved.
||Hung Gar is one of the major kung fu styles in Southern China, and is named after the family name of Hung Gar SiJo, Hung Hei Gun. There are a lot of remarkable disciples of Hung Gar, the most famous one was Wong Fei Hung. He was from Luzhou Village, Xiqiao Management Office, Nanhai District, Foshan, Guangdong province. Because his father was trained under Luk Ah Choi(who was disciple of Ji Sin Sim Si from Shaolin monastery in Fujian Province), Wong Fei Hung started his kung fu training at five years old. Because of his excellent kung fu, he was known as one of the "Ten tigers of Guangdong".
Our main teaching of the lion dance is in southern style. The art of lion dance has been developed for more than a thousand years in Chinese history. It is a sport that combines art performance and martial art together. It has deep meaning and essence in the valuable fine tradition of Chinese culture. Lion Dance is also one of the tradionial martial arts. As long as there are Chinese people, the lion dance performance can be seen during Chinese festivals , whether within China or anywhere else in the world. It shows that lion dance occupies an important position in the world of Chinese martial arts.
|Our school is mainly teaching Hung Gar Kung Fu style, and consists of：
||1. Chin Chi Cheung["千" Character Palm](34 moves)=> as foundation of Gung Chi Fuk Fu Kuen
2. Gung Chi Fuk Fu Kuen["工" Character Taming the Tiger Fist](108 moves)=>the elementary Form
3. Yin Long Kuen[Dragon Appearance Fist]=>as foundation of Fu Hok Seung Ying Kuen,Ng Ying Kuen,Tit Sin Kuen
4. Fu Hok Seung Ying Kuen[Tiger Crane Paired Form Fist]
5. Ng Ying Kuen[Five animal Form Fist]
6. Tit Sin Kuen[Iron Wire Fist]
7. Mok Gar Kuen=>aka Ganoderma Breaking, it is inherited from Grandmaster Mok Kwai Lan family.
||short range weapons－ Dagger, Flute, Sabre、Double Sabre、Double Sword
Long range weapons－ Double headed pole, Spear, Crescent Poleblade(Guan Do), Poleblade(Tiu Do), Long Pole(Ng Long Pah Kua Guang)
||Gung Chi Chaak("工" Character),Fu Hok Chaak(Tiger Crane Paired Form), Long Poles, double sabre against spear, double headed pole, dagger
||practise in group, also training lion dance technique like drums,Cymbals, gong,technique of controlling the lion heads and tails
|Beginner class location
||Flat 3, 1st Floor, Tung Ho Building, 177-183 Shau Kei Wan Main Street East, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong
|Date and Time：
||Every Monday, Friday night 7:30pm to 9:30pm（except public holidays）
- Lion Dance and Kung fu are both features of Chinese traditional culture, by learning both, it is a chance to understand and increase interest in the culture of Chinese.
- Lion Dance and Kung fu are both require the team work between the students. Students can build up the spirit of teamwork under the training.
- Teenagers have difficulty in concerntrating their mind, and cannot focus during study as they are still growing and developing. In our training plan, we motivate young people by teaching them how to play the style. At the same time the students are required to have good discipline. So within a relaxed environment, students can train themselves and follow the rules proactively, under the training their concerntration can be improved too.
- Will power of teenagers in Hong Kong is weak nowadays, their physical fitness is not good enough, and their interest in sport is low. Kung fu and lion dance training is one solution to raise their interest in physical activity, and improve their mind and body.
* Remarks: To improves teaching quality, our club provides instructor training and examination regularly, to ensure the ability and competence of our instructors
||Li Chan Wo
【The classes we are teaching/previously taught】
- 2011 年
- 全港公開龍獅藝錦標賽2011余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 優異獎
- 第四屆九龍城區國慶盃傳統獅藝邀請賽 慈幼英文學校國術組 最佳青陣獎, 金獅獎
- 第四屆九龍城區國慶盃傳統獅藝邀請賽 余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 金獅獎
- 全港公開兒童國術分齡賽2011 團體組套拳 慈幼英文學校國術組 優異獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2011 中學獅藝組 慈幼英文學校國術組 冠軍
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2011 中學獅藝組 余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 優異獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2011 傳統地青組 優異獎
- 第三十屆全港公開國術群英會16 歲以下團體組套拳 慈幼英文學校國術組 優異獎
- 2010 年
- 全港公開龍獅藝錦標賽2010 慈幼英文學校國術組 優異獎
- 全港公開龍獅藝錦標賽2010 余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 優異獎
- 第三屆九龍城區國慶盃傳統獅藝邀請賽 金獅獎
- 第三屆九龍城區國慶盃傳統獅藝邀請賽 余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 金獅獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2010 中學獅藝組 慈幼英文學校國術組 亞軍
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2010 中學獅藝組 余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 殿獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2010 獅藝公開組 優異獎
- 第七屆東區醒獅邀請賽 金獅獎
- 虎山行武術錦標賽集體傳統拳術 冠軍
- 虎山行武術錦標賽集體傳統拳術 慈幼英文學校國術組 亞軍
- 2009 年
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2009 獅藝公開組 優異獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2009 獅藝公開組 優異獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2009 中學獅藝組 慈幼英文學校國術組 殿獎
- 屯門區龍獅錦標公開賽2009 中學獅藝組 余振強紀念中學國術及獅藝團 優異獎
- 全港公開龍獅藝錦標賽2009 優異獎
- 全港公開龍獅藝錦標賽2009 慈幼英文學校國術組 優異獎
- 第廿八屆全港公開國術群英會16 歲以上團體組套拳 優異獎
- 2008 年
- 2004 年
- 第廿三屆全港公開國術群英會16 歲以上團體組套拳 第七名
- 第廿三屆全港公開國術群英會16 歲以上團體組套拳 優異獎
- 第廿三屆全港公開國術群英會16 歲以下團體組套拳 優異獎